Got Questions

We've got answers


Finding an Apartment

How do I know which apartments are available for rent?
Please see our entire available list of apartments here. Next to each building and unit there is a column with the apartment's available move-in date. 
How do I see an available apartment?
We only show vacated apartments. We cannot show an apartment unless it is listed as "Available Now". If you would like to schedule a showing please select the request button next to the unit on the search page to request a tour, or call our office at 303-993-9000.

Once you have an appointment confirmed, an agent will meet you at the building for a showing at your scheduled time. You will need to have your own transportation.

Appointment Punctuality Policy: Because we work on a 30 minute schedule, if you are 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, we will consider it a no-show and you will forfeit that appointment time. If you are up to 15 minutes late, we will shorten your appointment by that much time so as not to inconvenience our subsequent clients and throw off our schedule for the day. Thank You for your understanding. 
Do you rent apartments sight unseen?
Yes, you do have the option to rent the apartment sight unseen. Unless otherwise noted in the photos, all photos and floor plans shown are of the exact apartment. 
Do you offer short term leases?
Occasionally we do have short term leases available. Please contact the office at 303-993-9000 to check if we currently have any available.
Do you offer furnished apartments?
Cornerstone does not offer furnished apartments, but we can refer you to a company that ​will furnish your apartment for you. CORT can provide you with furniture to rent. Please visit their website or call them at 303-344-5114. 
Can I view an apartment if I am not currently in Denver?
Yes, as long as the apartment is vacant and available to show, we can schedule a Facetime or Skype tour, or show a local friend for you.
Are your properties pet friendly?
Many of our buildings do allow ​dogs and/or cats. Please refer to our apartment availability page here to determine if the apartment that you are interested in is pet friendly.
What utilities are included with rent?
It varies by building. Please ​review the building ​details of the apartment that you are interested in. Any utilities that are included in rent will be listed as "Free".

Applying & Leasing

A friend referred me, what do I do?
If a current Cornerstone resident referred you to us please indicate this information on your application. When prompted "How did you hear about us?", please select "Current Resident Referral". This only applies to new leases.

At your ​key pick up please inform your leasing agent which resident referred you. At that time they will receive a $100 referral credit. You must inform us prior to moving in that you are a referral.
How do I qualify to rent with Cornerstone?
Income: Applicant’s gross income (before taxes) must equal three times the monthly rent. Roommates must have a combined income of three times the rent. Verification of income may be required before move-in. If you do not qualify financially, you may add a guarantor. A guarantor's income must be five times the monthly rent.

Employment: Applicant must be currently employed. Employment verification may be required before move-in. Unemployed applicants may qualify if they have secured a job and can provide an offer letter. 

Credit History: All credit history must be satisfactory and current. Items that will be reviewed to determine approval include but are not limited to: credit history, check writing history, evictions, open collections, judgments and bankruptcies. We do not check your credit score. Applicants with no credit history may be required to pay an additional deposit. 
We do accept co-signers for select credit issues.

Criminal History: We screen for criminal history issues including but not exclusive to; being listed on a sexual offender or terror watch list and violent misdemeanor. We run a full criminal background check on all applicants and review all results. 
We do not accept co-signers for criminal issues.
How do I apply for the apartment I'm interested in?
Make sure you meet the qualifications for approval, then select the unit you would like to apply for by clicking the yellow "Apply Now" button next to the available unit.  Once your application and holding fee have been submitted, the unit will be taken off the website and will no longer be available for others to rent.

You have 24 hours from the time you submit your holding fee to cancel your application and have 100% of your holding fee refunded. The application fee is non-refundable.

Cornerstone will run your credit and criminal background and notify you when you are approved. If you are not approved, your holding fee will be refunded and the unit will be returned to the market for rent. Reasons for being declined include: previous evictions, open collections, ​criminal history issues, bankruptcies, tax liens, or if you are listed on a sex offender or terrorist watch list.

Once you are approved you will sign a lease, pay a pro-rated rent (if you move-in any day other than the 1st of the month) and get your keys and a move-in packet.
Can I apply for multiple apartments?
No. When you submit an application you are required to pay ​a ​holding fee to reserve the specific apartment you would like to lease. You are then committed to that apartment, ​providing your application is approved.
Do I have to apply online?
Yes, our application and leasing process is completely online. If you do not have access to a computer, you are welcome to apply at our office, located at 665 N. Grant Street.
What is a holding fee?
The holding fee ​reserves the apartment that you want to lease. On the day that your lease begins, the holding fee becomes your security deposit. 
What does is cost to reserve an apartment?
The ​holding fee varies, please refer to our list of available apartments here. The ​fee will be listed next to ​each unit. When you apply, ​the holding fee is used to reserve your apartment. On the day that your lease starts, ​this fee becomes your security deposit.
Will I need a co-signer or guarantor for my application?
You may need a co-signer or guarantor if you do not meet our income requirement, which is three times the monthly rent, or if you have between $2,500 and $5,000 in collections.

We do not accept co-signers for criminal issues.
How do I add a roommate or guarantor to my application?
You can add a roommate or guarantor to your application under Step 4: Additional Applicants. There is a drop down menu where you can specify if the additional applicant is a roommate or guarantor. There is a $50.00 application fee per applicant.
How do I cancel my application?
If you ​want to cancel your application, please email us at It is imperative that we have ​record of your cancellation within the 24 hour cancellation window.

If you cancel within 24 hours of submitting your application you will receive the ​holding fee back. The application fee is non-refundable. If you cancel outside of the 24 hour window you will forfeit the holding fee.
How will my holding fee be refunded?
Once the payment for your holding fee clears with the bank we will issue you a refund in the form of a check. If you would like to pick up the check at our office, please let us know. If you would like us to mail it to you, please provide a mailing address.
How do I sign my lease?
You will receive an email letting you know when your lease is ready for you to sign online. To electronically sign your lease please log in to your resident portal from the link at the top of the Cornerstone website using the same information you created when you completed your application.

From there, select your unit, and continue until you come to the page titled "Electronic Signature". On that page click the "Sign" button. This does not sign the lease for you. This will take you to the full lease to review and sign each page separately. If you have a Guarantor they will need to sign the last page of the lease.
Where do I pick up my keys?
Please make an appointment with the leasing manager to pick up your keys on the day your lease starts. Your appointment will be at 665 N. Grant Street.
What do I need to complete prior to moving into my apartment?
You will need to sign your lease online, set up utilities (if applicable) and set up renter's insurance. Please make sure to sign every page of the online lease. You will also be required to pay any applicable deposits and pro-rated rent for your first month.
When are Free Rent move in specials applied?
If you rent an apartment that was running a move in special with free rent, this will be applied to your 2nd month of rent. 

Paying Rent

When is rent considered late and what are the late fees?
If you are on a Cornerstone lease, rent is considered late after 11:59 pm on the 3rd of the month. The late fee is $75. If we recently took over management of your building and you are not yet on a Cornerstone lease, please refer to your current lease for details. 
How do I pay my rent?
You can pay your rent online with a checking account, or with a physical check (personal check, cashier's check or money order) by mailing or dropping it by our office at 665 N. Grant Street.

If you are paying your rent online, you will need to register to use the RENTCafe resident portal here. Once you are registered, you can login to your portal through the 'Resident Login' link at the top of our website. 

When you are setting up an online payment, you will be required to enter your bank account number and routing number. Some banks have different account and routing numbers for online checks, please confirm with your bank that you have the correct payment information. 

Online payments can be setup to withdraw monthly by selecting the 'Automatic Recurring Payment' option. You can also select to pay your rent manually each month by selecting the 'One-Time Payment' option. 

The payment screen in your resident portal provides more details about online payments. 

Where is the rent drop box?
Individual buildings do not have their own rent drop box. If ​you would like to drop rent off, please bring your payment by our office at ​665 N. Grant Street in Denver. If the office is closed, there is a rent drop at the front of the building. 
Can I pay with cash?
We do not accept cash payments. Acceptable forms of payment are check, money order, or online ACH payment (bank account). 
Can I pay with credit card?
We do not currently accept payment by credit card. Acceptable forms of payment are check, money order, or online ACH payment (bank account). 
What are certified funds?
Certified funds are Money Orders or Cashier's Checks.
How long does it take for my rent to be withdrawn from my bank account?
It normally takes 2-3 business days after your payment is submitted for you to see the money withdrawn from your account. If you have automatic payments setup, the date that you selected for the payment to pull is the day that the payment process begins, not the day it is withdrawn from your bank account. 
How do I confirm that my payment has gone through?
Please login to your resident portal here. You can see under the label "Current Outstanding Charges" if you have an account balance due. 
What happens if I double paid my rent?
If you notice a duplicate payment on the same day that it is made, please contact the office immediately; we may be able to prevent the payment from being processed.

If you do not notice the additional payment on the same day, you can contact your bank to issue a stop payment, or we can credit your account or issue you a paper check once the payment clears our banking system (typically 5-7 business days after payment is made).


How do I submit a maintenance request?
You can submit work orders online through your RENTCafe resident portal, or by calling our office at 303-333-1999 and press '0' during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, and Saturday & Sunday 9am-4pm).

For after hours ​EMERGENCY work orders, please call 303-370-0327. 

Please do not call your portfolio manager with work orders, and please do not submit them through the Contact Us page on our website or on our Facebook page. They will be addressed much more quickly by following the steps above. 
What do I do if my garbage disposal stops working?
There is a red reset button under the disposal. Please try resetting the disposal. If this does not fix the problem, submit a work order online or call us at 303-333-1999.
Does Cornerstone replace light bulbs in my apartment?
Yes. If you have a light out, please submit a work order and we will be out within 2 business days to replace the bulb. 
What if there is a water leak?
If the leak occurs during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, and Saturday & Sunday 9am-4pm) please call our office at 303-333-1999 and press '0'. If the leak occurs after business hours or on a holiday, please call the emergency after-hours maintenance line immediately at 303-370-0327.

Please place a container under the leak or ​locate the water valve behind the sink or toilet that is leaking and ​turn it to the ​closed position.
What do I do if I smell a gas leak?
Open the windows and leave the apartment immediately. Do not turn off any lights. Once you have left your apartment, call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-2999 then call us Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm at ​303-333-1999 (or after hours 303-370-0327).
How do the heating and cooling systems work?
The heating and cooling systems vary by building. For more information on your building, please contact your ​portfolio manager, or call the main office line at 303-333-1999 '0'.

If you have an emergency heating or cooling situation, call us at 303-333-1999 '0' during work hours. If you have no heat after hours, please call our after-hours emergency line at 303-370-0327.

​In Colorado, no A/C is not considered an after hours emergency. A/C calls will be addressed the next business day.
What is considered a maintenance emergency?
Fire, flood, gas, no power, being locked out, plumbing backups, leaks, no heat, and no hot water are considered emergency maintenance situations. 

No AC and/or no WiFi are not emergencies. If you have an after hours lock out, there is a $50 charge for our on call maintenance technician to come let you back in. We only allow lease holders access if they are locked out.
Who do I call if the Internet is down?
If your building provides free WiFi, please call our office at 303-333-1999 '0' if it goes down. No WiFi is not considered an emergency. If the internet goes down after hours, please do not call the emergency after hours number, just call our main office line and leave a voicemail, or enter a work order online through your resident portal. 

Your Lease

When do I receive a renewal offer?
If you are eligible for renewal, you will receive your renewal options 45-60 days before the end of your current lease.
Can I add someone to my lease?
Yes, please contact your Portfolio Manager. A new ​roommate must fill out an application, ​pass screening, and be added to your lease. You can find a blank application under "Lease Addenda" on this page. 
How do I break my lease?
You must contact your portfolio manager pay the ​lease break fee (two times rent in certified funds). Please see your lease for full details. We will need you to provide an exact date for move out so that we can create your lease break agreement.

We need the lease break agreement signed and brought into our office along with the lease break ​fee before you move out.
Does Cornerstone allow subletting?
Cornerstone does not allow subletting. You may not sublease your apartment. 
Can I list my apartment on Airbnb?
No, if you list your apartment on Airbnb or any similar website you are in violation of your lease. 
Can I transfer to another building?
You may not transfer to another building mid-lease. You must either fulfill your lease term or pay the lease break fee as stated in your current lease. If your lease is ending, you may apply for another apartment at that time. 
Can I transfer to another apartment in my building?
You may be able to transfer to another apartment in your current building with your portfolio manager's approval. It depends on several factors that the manager will take into consideration. If you are approved to transfer, you may be subject to a $500 transfer fee. 
Can I remove a roommate from my lease?
Yes, please contact your ​Portfolio Manager so they can create an addendum to your lease. 
Am I required to have renters insurance?
We require a minimum of $100,000 in Liability Coverage and a minimum of $5,000 in Personal Property Coverage for each apartment. If you already have renters insurance, please email the Declaration Page of your current policy to  

If you need insurance, you can use our preferred insurance vendor, Assurant, or bundle it with any existing insurance policy that you may have. To set up renter’s insurance through Assurant, visit or call 1-855-846-9278. If you choose to use a different insurance company, we require a copy of the Declaration Page before your renewal or new application can be processed.  

Only 1 policy (including both personal liability and personal property) per unit is required. If you have a roommate, we strongly suggest all roommates are listed on the policy, but it is not required. Please be aware if your name is not listed, your items will not be covered under the personal property policy.
What is RUBS?
Beginning January 1st, 2018 residents are responsible for paying a utility charge which will appear in your lease renewal as "Ratio Utility Billing System (RUBS)" and on your ledger as "Utility". For details on how the RUBS charge is calculated and the utilities that this charge covers, please reference your lease renewal. Please contact you property manager with any questions. 

Moving Out

How many days notice do I need to give?
If you are on a Cornerstone lease, we require a 30 day written notice to vacate. If you choose not to renew your lease you must provide a written notice to vacate at least 30 days prior to the end of your lease, or your lease will continue on a month to month basis. Your written notice can be submitted in letter or email form. 

If you live at a property that was previously managed by another management company and you have not signed a new Cornerstone lease, please refer to your lease for the notice to vacate policy. Requirements vary depending on the policies at the previous management company.
What is the move-out process?
You are required to provide written notice if you plan to vacate your apartment at the end of your lease. The number of days notice that is required may vary based on your lease. Please reference the lease for more information. If your lease is ending and you do not provide notice, your lease will continue on a month to month basis and you will be charged a month to month fee. 

You can provide your written notice via email, or you can drop a handwritten notice by the office. 

Once you provide your notice, your portfolio manager will send you instructions for cleaning and leaving your unit. You can also find the move-out packet under 'Move-Out Forms' on this page.

When do I get my security deposit back?
We want to return your security deposit as ​quickly as possible. However, it can take up to 60 days from the date that you move out for your deposit to be processed. 

If you would like the deposit mailed to you, please provide a forwarding address when you move out. If you would prefer to pick up your deposit when it is ready, please let us know and we will call you. If you would like to check the status of your deposit, please contact our Office Manager by calling 303-333-1999 and pressing '0'.
Do I need to patch nail holes in my wall?
No. Please do not patch any nail holes. We will take care of that. There may be charges associated with you attempting to patch your own holes. Feel free to contact your Portfolio Manager with any questions.
Will I be charged for hanging items on my walls?
It depends. If you have an excessive amount of nail holes in your walls, you will be charged for the labor required to fill and paint those areas. Holes from television mounts, or other large items will result in a fee for repairs. If you have any questions, please contact your Portfolio Manager.
How do I schedule a walk-through?
​We do not do walk-through inspections with residents as part of our move-out process. If you have any questions please contact your portfolio manager. We will be coming to your apartment prior to you moving out for a pre-move out maintenance inspection. This maintenance inspection is not a deposit disposition walk.
How do I turn in my keys?
You can leave your keys in the kitchen of your apartment when you move out. You will be charged if they are not returned on your move out date. Please do not return your keys late.
How do I have my mail forwarded after I move?
Please fill out and submit a mail forwarding request to the post office prior to moving. You can find the form here. We ​can not forward your mail. We cannot legally access your mailbox after you move out.

Pet Policies

Are pets allowed at my building?
It depends. Many of our buildings allow pets. Please either refer to your building's page here, or contact your portfolio manager. If your building allows pets and you want to add a pet to your family, please let your portfolio manager know and fill out a pet addendum (located under Addenda on this page).

Every lease includes a pet addendum, because this is in your lease does not imply that your building is pet ​friendly. 
Do you have breed or weight restrictions?
Yes. We do not allow the following breeds;  Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Pitt Bull (Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitt Bull Terrier), Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Mastiff, or any mix of these breeds.

We do not have weight restrictions.
Can visitors bring their pets in my apartment?
If your building is pet friendly, you will need to contact your portfolio manager and see if they will allow other pets to visit. It depends on the length of the visit and the breed of the pet. 
Is there a limit to how many pets I can have?
Yes, we have a 2 pet maximum limit per apartment (The Edge at City Park and Platt Park North excluded) 

What are your rules regarding pet waste cleanup?
If you live in a pet friendly building, we require our residents to be responsible pet owners. This means ​residents are required to pick up ​their pet’s waste and dispose of it in an exterior dumpster. Failure to follow these rules is a violation of ​​the lease agreement.
What documentation do I need to provide if I have a service animal?
You will need to have your doctor fill out the Reasonable Accommodation form that can be found under Forms on this page. 
How do I know if my pet is bothering my neighbors?
If your pet is continually creating excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors, including, but not limited to, barking, jumping, and running, or if any pet related odors can be smelled outside of your unit, then your pet is considered a nuisance and you are in violation of your lease. Please consult the Pet Policy section of your lease for more details. 


How do I get a reserved parking space?
If there is parking at your building, contact your property manager. If a space is available, we will need to add a parking addendum to your lease. If there is no space available, you ​will be placed on a wait list.
What if someone is parked in my space?
During business hours, you can call your portfolio manager and we will assist in having the car removed. After hours, you can call the towing company whose sign is posted at your lot. If the vehicle that is parked in your space does not have a Cornerstone parking tag, it will be towed. If it does have a tag it may be ticketed. Before calling, please obtain the vehicle's tag number, parking permit number (if applicable) and description.
What happens if I lost my parking pass?
Please do not park in your reserved space and contact your portfolio manager for a new tag ASAP. Without a visible parking tag, you will be towed. 
If I have a visitor, can they use my parking space?
Yes, you can let your guests use your parking space as long as you have them place the parking pass in their vehicle. If they do not have a visible parking pass, they will be towed. 
How do I apply for a residential parking permit?
You will need to apply for a permit through the City of Denver. Their website is here. If you are eligible for a permit, they will require you to provide the following:

1. An electronic copy of one of these documents dated within the last 30 days*:

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, water)
  • Telephone bill (land line)
  • T.V. or Internet bill
  • Current auto or home insurance document 

3. An electronic copy of your valid driver's license

4. An electronic copy of your current vehicle registration

*Please note that your applicant name and physical address must appear on all four of your documents and must match the physical address for the location where the permit is being requested. P.O. boxes will not be accepted.

Am I eligible for a residential parking permit?

There are some highly congested areas in the city with strict parking permit regulations. In these areas, parking permits are issued with the following restrictions:

1. Residential parking permits will ​not be issued to new construction buildings with 8 or more units

2. The city will not issue more than 20 permits per block and typically will not issue permits for surrounding blocks

3. The permit issued by the city is only good for the block the building is on

To find out if your neighborhood has parking permit restrictions, please visit the city of Denver's Parking Plan here, or contact with any questions. 

Portfolio Managers

Who is my property manager?
At Cornerstone we have Portfolio managers that manage several properties. You can refer to the “Our Team” page here to identify your ​portfolio manager and find their ​email address. You can also refer to your Welcome Letter, or call 303-​333-1999 and the Office Manager can assist you in reaching your manager.


Is Cornerstone hiring?
Available job opportunities are listed here. You can also contact our HR manager at with your resume pasted into the body of the email if you'd like us to keep it on file for future opportunities. Please do not send your resume as an attachment.
Is there someone I can talk to about a specific position?
You can email our HR manager at
Can you tell me if a particular position has been filled?
Opportunities that appear on the web site are open and active. If you do not see your desired position, it has been filled or is no longer available.

Management Services

Who do I contact if I want Cornerstone to manage my building?
If you are interested in talking to us about managing your property, pleas email 
What management services does Cornerstone offer?
Please see the About Us page for more details about the services we offer​.
Will Cornerstone manage my condo?
Cornerstone does not manage individual condos.

Other Common Questions

Do I need to let my manager know when I have cable or internet installed?
If you are having Centurylink install a service, we require 24 hours notice. They will need access to a locked room. 

If you live at 1736 Boulder Street or 321 E. 18th Avenue we require 24 hours notice for Comcast as well as Centurylink. Both companies will need access to a locked room to install your service. The installation must occur during the normal business week. 
Does Cornerstone own the building that I live in?
No, Cornerstone manages residential properties for the apartment owners.
I referred a friend to Cornerstone; how do I get my referral credit?
If you are a current Cornerstone resident and referred a friend to us, please make sure that they let us know prior to moving in. This only applies to new leases.

They can indicate that you referred them on their application. When prompted "How did you hear about us?", please have them select "Current Resident Referral". 

At their ​key pick up have your friend tell the leasing agent which resident referred them. At that time ​you will receive a $100 referral credit added to your ledger.
What do I do if I have a noise complaint?
Please contact your portfolio manager during business hours. If the issue occurs after normal business hours, please call the non-emergency police line at 720-913-2000. If the police ​come to the building, please ​ask the​ officer to write a report in case an eviction has to be filed against the offender. 
What do I do if I have an issue with my mail?
You must contact the post office that services your address with any issues pertaining to sending or receiving your mail. ​You can find the USPS Contact Page here.
Who edits the name on my mailbox?
The postal service is responsible for updating the names on your mailbox. When you move in there should be a blank card in your mailbox for you to fill in your information for the postal service. If you need assistance from the USPS, please click here
Where is the recycling located?
It varies by building, but usually the recycling bin is located next to the trash bin behind each building. Please break down all boxes. Not all of our buildings offer recycling. 
What items can I recycle?
Check the instructions on the recycling bin at your building for a list of acceptable items. Most will ​accept broken down cardboard boxes, glass, aluminum cans, and paper. 
What utilities are included at my building?
It varies by building. Please consult your lease agreement for details.
What do I do if I receive a previous resident's mail?
Please mark the mail as "Return to Sender" and drop it in the outgoing mailbox. 

Basic Information

Where is Cornerstone's office located?
We are located at 665 N. Grant Street, Denver, CO 80203. 
What are the office hours?
We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am-4:00pm.
What is the mailing address?
Our mailing address is 665 N. Grant Street, Denver, CO 80203.
What is the general maintenance line?
Please submit your non-emergency maintenance requests through your online portal whenever possible. You can also reach us during business hours at 303-333-1999.

For after hours EMERGENCY maintenance requests, please call 303-370-0327.
What is the main office line?
Our office phone number is 303-333-1999 and our fax number is 303-333-5955.

{{questions.length}} results

{{ question.QuestionString }}